KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov's warning to AmericaKGB DEFECTOR YURI BEZMENOV'S WARNING TO AMERICA: 29 YEARS AGO, Soviet defector and KGB...

[Yuri Bezmenov] Most of the American politicians, media and educational system trains another generation of people who think they are living in peace time. False. The United States is in a state of war, undeclared total war against the basic principles and foundations of this system. And the initiator of this war is not comrade Andropov of course, it's the system, however ridiculous it may sound, the world communist system, or the world communist conspiracy. ... Unlike myself you will have nowhere to defect to, unless you want to defect to Antarctica with penguins. This is it, the last country of freedom and possibility. [interviewer:] Okay, so what should we do, what is your recommendation to the American people? [Bezmenov] Well, the immediate thing that comes to my mind, of course, is there must be a very strong national effort to educate people in the spirit of real patriotism, number one. Number two, to explain to them the real danger of socialist, communist, whatever... welfare state - big brother government. If people will fail to grasp the impending danger of that development, nothing can ever help the United States. You may kiss goodbye to your freedom ... and your precious lives. ... the second is ... force the United States government to stop aiding communism. [prevent it] from destroying what's left of the free world. ... no credit, no technology, no money...

Swipe to go to another post.

I watched him give a more in-depth interview on this several years back. Thanks for posting it, Maze.

+2   2  Reply

Bozette 6 months ago

I can't understand what they are saying.

+1   2  Reply

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred 6 months ago

In response to “I can't understand what they are saying.

He was explaining that during the cold war, the Soviets only used 15% of their resources against the US for espionage, the other 85% was used for ideological subversion. Basically brainwashing people to change our society, to move it towards Marxism/Leninism. That consisted of 4 steps:
Demoralization (15-20 years, enough to indoctrinate a generation)
Destabilization (2-5 years)
Crisis (up to 6 weeks)
Normalization (indefinitely)

+2   2  

Bozette 6 months ago


+2   2  Reply

Sunny_the_skeptic 6 months ago

Well, I'm sure the precipitous collapse of the Soviet Union came as a great surprise to Bezvenov, but his warning still holds.

The useful idiots of two and three generations ago who loved the Soviet Union have given way to a new generation of useful idiots who love political correctness. Their common theme, of course, is hatred for Western values.

+1   1  Reply

Thinkerbell 6 months ago